sexta-feira, 19 de março de 2010

Entrevista com Jo Nesbo: a nova estrela do romance policial nórdico.

Jo Nesbo falou ao site www.bookrabbit.com sobre sua obra 'The Snowman'. Reproduzimos aqui a entrevista, publicada no dia 08/03/2010.

INTERVIEW WITH JO NESBO: THE NEW STAR OF NORDIC CRIME FICTION

BR: How would you sum up your latest novel, The Snowman?

JN: It’s a story about love, hate, murder, infidelity and ice.

BR: What compelled you to tackle the subject of infidelity?

JN: I think infidelity is interesting both from a moral, social and dramatic point of view.

BR: Some of the scenes are incredibly grueseome – do you ever write things and think, ‘No, that’s too much’ – do you have a line that you won’t cross?

JN: I don’t know where that line is exactly, but yes, I have written things that I’d have to take away.

BR: Harry is definitely our new favourite ‘troubled cop’. Where did the inspiration come from for such a complex character?

JN: He is a combination of people I’ve met in real life, in fiction and probably myself too.

BR: What response do you want the novel to evoke in readers?

JN: I want them to sympathise, understand, not understand, laugh at, get mad at, and cheer for Harry. And see themselves in him.

BR: Did you plan the entire Harry Hole series before you began writing the novels?

JN: No, but after book number three, The Redbreast, I did.

BR: The book has been exquisitely translated by Don Bartlet – do you get involved in the translation process?

JN: No, I trust Don, he has to do his own thing, because some things will get lost in translation, and it’s his job to find surrogates.

BR: Does it bother you that Norwegian and Swedish crime fiction is often lumped together as ‘Scandinavian’ or ‘Nordic’?

JN: No, I’m ok with that. Although I’m not sure it’s a very meaningful way to categorize such different writers.

BR: What’s your theory as to why such incredible crime fiction is coming out of Nordic countries – apologies, we’ve just gone and lumped you altogether!)

JN: I think it has to do with tradition and prestige that crime fiction has in Scandanavia. It has made many of the best story telling talents turn to crime fiction.

BR: Do you still work on your music or has that taken a back seat?

JN: I don’t record, but I still play around 50 gigs a year. But now it’s just for fun.

BR: Can you tell us what you’re working on at the moment?

JN: A children’s book, number three in the series about Doctor Proctor (Doctor Proctor’s Fart Powder is published in the UK by Simon & Schuster).

BR: What gives you the most pleasure out of all the things you’ve achieved so far in your writing career?

JN: Having readers who are so passionate about my characters.

Para ter acesso direto à página com o depoimento do autor vá para: http://migre.me/pEUo

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário